Thursday, July 13, 2017

Ninth City Burning

I enjoyed this novel a lot. It is told from multiple different people, and I personally enjoy that type of narrative, if done well, which this is. The novel is set in the future as the earth banded together to find invaders. It is a well done Military Sci-fi novel that works well to develop the world and the characters. I was engaged with each character and felt that they each had their own voice and personality. I won't go into each character, but I loved the mix of genders that are present in the novel. Further, the author was able to work humor into the novel that could otherwise be bleak in the hands of a different author. It added a freshness to the novel and kept me engaged.

The one critique of the novel is at times the amount of detail present. Sometimes it felt as if the novel slowed to a halt with the amount of detail present in a section as it was easy to get lost in. I think some trimming would have been beneficial to the novel, but if you like to know every detail of the novel, you would likely enjoy this aspect.

Overall, I have nothing bad to say about this novel, it is well written, the world building is brilliant and the characters are engaging. What more could you really ask for in a novel. I am excited for the following books to come out and hope to read them in the future.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review. However, this did not influence my review.

More novel information

Author info

No comments:

Post a Comment